Boat Insurance Information Security
We treat the management of all our customers personal and boat insurance data very seriously, here are our information security commitments.
Besides providing a quality insurance product at competitive rates, a key part of our company ethos is to provide excellence in customer service. We want to satisfy you to generate your long term goodwill…. win-win. Hand in hand with that ethos (and particularly important in the modern internet age) is the careful handling of your personally identifiable data. We see this as being of basic fundamental importance to meeting our service commitments to you.
Mercia Marine is therefore fully committed to pro-active compliance with the standard requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and have incorporated it’s requirements as standard operating practice. We therefore fully adhere to the following commitments when dealing with your data;
- Processed fairly, honestly and lawfully
- Processed for the specific purposes of marine insurance
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive to the needs of our business
- Maintained and accurate
- Not kept for longer than is necessary (inline with national FCA guidelines)
- Processed in line with your rights under UK law
- Transferred and stored securely
- Never transferred outside UK borders/EEU
We do not;
- Pass your details on to any third parties without your knowledge/ consent
- Contact you unnecessarily.. no junk mail, no automated calls!